In project contexts we often hear people complaining that a team is wasting time reinventing the wheel, that they shouldn’t be solving something that’s already been solved, that they should instead focus on working faster or being more innovative. This is particularly...
This presentation examines some of the ethical issues that we face as information architects, including:
- The myriad of effects of our design decisions on users
- Working with clients and peers
- The consequences of creating categories and classifying objects
- What inclusive design really means
- Personal beliefs and their role in projects
- How can we design for sustainability
Two veteran UX/IA freelancers give the lowdown on the freelancing in our industry, and answer your questions.