User experience design
User experience design is all about designing the experience that people have with a (usually digital#) product.
I have been doing user experience design since the late 1990s (before it was called that).
I have designed complex experiences for a very wide range of clients. I have taught UX in-house and at workshops for years. I created, and ran the UX Australia conference for nine years.
For your project, I bring skills and experience in:
- Analysing complex systems, tasks and user needs
- Planning, running and analysing design research, and communicating research findings (e.g. personas, scenarios, task flows)
- Designing incredibly complex applications, from the overall structure and flow, to the nitty-gritty details of individual components, states and interactions
- Documenting designs in whatever format works well for the team
- Working Agile, Waterfall and every variant in between
- Experience with a wide range of tools, and quick to learn new ones
I prefer to work with not-for-profit enterprises, community, local government, education and small business. For these sectors I offer a discounted rate (and I work quickly, so the price ends up relatively low).
For larger companies, I tend to work on particularly complex projects, on short projects or long.
Please get in touch to chat about how we could work together.
## UX wasn’t always about digital – it used to be really about designing the experience. However, fields and roles change and most UX roles are currently digital, with service design covering the broader experience aspects.