This half-day workshop is a (re)introduction to information architecture. It is for people who haven’t done information architecture work for a while; and people with experience in UX who feel like they have a gap in their IA skill set.
As a more advanced workshop, we’ll cover topics in more depth than in a more introductory style workshop. We’ll cover pros and cons, tips and tricks for the following topics:
- Categorisation: How categories work in our brains, and why categorisation work is complex
- Classification schemes: Audience, topic, geography and more – and when to use them
- Content modelling: Identifying relationships in content
- The information seeking journey: Expanding journey maps to incorporate information tasks
- IA in Agile projects
- The ethics of categorisation
This will be a very interactive, discussion-based workshop.