From categorisation to content modelling, this four hour workshop will cover the fundamentals of information architecture. Using lots of real world examples, you will leave with an understanding of both the theory, along with the practical methodologies needed to get started. This half day workshop is the ideal introduction to information architecture (IA). Suitable for brand new folks to those with some IA or UX experience, it covers core concepts and practices that are fundamental to any kind of information architecture work.
The theories and concepts the workshop will cover:
- categorisation theory and how categories work in our brains;
- types of classification and when they work or don’t;
- content modelling.
- inventory-ing and analysing content;
- drafting an information architecture;
- testing an IA and labelling.
- A good understanding of IA concepts;
- A good understanding of activities in an IA-focused project;
- A ton of tips based on real-world, complex examples.