This full day workshop will provide you with a thorough overview and understanding of information architecture theory & practice. It will cover a wide range of information architecture issues, including an understanding of how it fits into a project, fundamental skills & knowledge required for information architecture work and current information architecture issues. It will be theoretical and practical and allow you to immediately apply ideas to your projects.
This workshop will cover:
- What information architecture is and how it relates to other user experience disciplines
- Core IA techniques – analysing content, conducting user research, card sorting and more
- Core IA theories – classification, categorisation, metadata & labeling
- IA structures – hierarchies, database and other structures
- Designing navigation & page layouts
- Putting it together in an IA project
- Current issues in IA
The workshop will be at the level of an advanced intro, covering the basics and also allowing exploration of key challenges and issues. The format will be a combination of short lectures, group discussion and hands-on activities. Resources will also be provided for further personal exploration.