Information architecture may seem mysterious and tricky, but with knowledge of the essential elements, this aspect of your web project can be much easier. This half-day workshop will cover the essential aspects of IA. No filler, no fluff, just pure IA:
- How classification and categorisation work in our brain, and why it matters
- How to identify potential organisation methods for your content
- When organisation schemes such as geography, task, audience and subject work best (and tricks to make them work)
- How to design an organisation scheme that works for your users
- The best navigation approach for your content
This won’t be a dry, theoretical workshop. We’ll talk, play some games and practice techniques. You’ll go away with a better understanding of the essentials of information architecture, techniques to use on your next project and a comprehensive list of resources for follow-up reading.