This half-day workshop teaches a set of fundamental principles that are useful for all types of design work – information architecture, interaction design, visual design and even industrial design.
In the workshop we’ll look at:
- How our visual system works.
- Visual and cognitive attention, and how to grab them.
- The limitations of memory and how that affects our design.
- The types of errors that our users are always going to make.
- How to design intuitive interfaces.
For each of these aspects, we’ll talk about the principles, demonstrate how they work, and discuss the implications for design. You’ll go away with a better understanding of people which will help you make better design decisions.